The free trademark search A free preliminary trademark search is done on the official database of CIPC, the registry of trademarks in South Africa. This is the first step to quickly assess whether your proposed trademark might be available for registration.
What we offer you Our fully inclusive fees for registration of a trademark in the number of classes indicated include:
Classification of goods and/or services, comprehensive trademark searches done on each element in all the relevant classes, preparation of appropriate specifications of goods and/or services in the trademark classes of relevance, all lodging and government charges, routine trademark registration processing services including the services of our legal representative as address for service as well as advertisement of the trademark in the Patent Journal of straightforward matters.
Affordability We are passionate about helping entrepreneurs and small businesses to protect their intellectual property without breaking the bank. Most start-up businesses cannot afford the services of IP attorneys from the outset - we are the affordable alternative.
If our package deals don't fit, we will assess your needs in full and help you to decide the best course of action for your requirements.
Company registrations We also do company registrations, name reservations, payments of annual returns and amendments to existing companies. Other services include lodging of provisional patents and legalisation of documents. Contact us for pricing and more information.
Why register a trademark?
- You will get the exclusive rights to use your trademark in respect of the goods or services for which it was registered. This will prevent unauthorised use of your trademark.
- Registered trademarks and pending applications are reflected in the official trademark register at CIPC and your brand now becomes visible to others. Consumers will also become familiar with your brand and start identifying your goods or services with the brand.
- When you secure rights by registering your trademark, you will reduce your chances of becoming involved in potentially costly litigation if conflicting claims arise.
- Your registered trademark can easily be commercialised through licensing agreements such as franchising. Remember, this is a valuable capital asset!
What is a trademark?
- A trademark identifies the goods and / or services of the owner of the mark. It provides protection to the owner of the mark by ensuring exclusive rights to use it to identify goods or services, or to authorize another to use it in return for payment.
- A trade mark may consist of words, numerals, drawings, signs, symbols, colours or combinations thereof.
- Your trademark can be a brand name, a slogan, a logo or a specific shape or a combination thereof, for example:...more
Why search a trademark? Very important!
- You need to determine whether another business is already using a trademark that’s identical or similar to the one you want to use to ensure that you won’t violate someone else’s trademark rights.
- A basic trademark search only serves the purpose of checking if your proposed trademark already exists. It should never be used for trademark registration purposes.
- Beware of trademark search providers who do not send you the trademark search results - in all likelihood all they did was a basic search...more
Tips for a good trademark
- Choosing a trademark that uses descriptive words of your business may not be effective enough to distinguish your brand name from another business.
- Combining a word with a graphic element is a clever way to make your trademark distinguishable and unique.
- Keep these 10 rules of thumb in mind when deciding upon your trademark:
- Do not copy! In the long run this may be expensive if you are asked to withdraw your trademark...more
"A very big thank you from Stephan and myself for all your help in successfully registering Team CatFish for us, we are absolutely thrilled!" Lisa Woollacott, Director & "The Fish"
Some of our recent satisfied clients...
© 2015 Trademark24
SITE UPDATED 4/07/15
Trademark24 - Branding Is Your Silent Business Ambassador