The Easiest Way To Register A Trademark
We Make It Easy And Affordable To Register Your Trademark And Protect Your Valuable Brand In 3 Simple Steps
Save thousands in attorney costs
SPECIAL OFFER - Registration only R1,450.00 - with basic availability search. Ts & Cs apply
Trademark Registration Package With Comprehensive Search
✔ R2,195.00 per word mark in one class
✔ Great discounts for added logos & slogans
✔ Add an additional class for only R1,500.00
Get A Cost Assessment
What You Get With Your Trademark Registration Package
- Free availability search.
- Comprehensive search + feasibility report.
- Classification of goods and/or services.
- Preparation of appropriate specifications of goods and/or services in the relevant classes.
- All lodging and government charges.
- Routine registration processing services, excluding objections or oppositions.
- All advertisement fees and expenses and all expenses relating to the obtaining of the Certificates of Registration.
Get It Done Right
Prevent Costly Mistakes
Over 80% of trademark applications rejected by CIPC are because of infringements, submission errors or incorrect classes.Prevent potential disappointment and costly mistakes.
Trademark Search Specialists
Trademarks should be comprehensively searched in the relevant classes. We are the only qualified independent trademark searchers in South Africa. Our clients include well-known law firm. Results in 24 hours.
We have a 98.9% rate of applications successfully accepted after examination.
✔ basic searches
✔ comprehensive searches (included in the package deal)
✔ logo searches
✔ CIPC special searches
✔ litigation searches
✔ trademark applications
✔ proven track record
✔ correct classification
✔ maintenance of trademarks
✔ attorney referral network
✔ smart pricing - you don't pay for what you don't need
We assess your trademark and give options to suit your budget
How The 3-Step Process Works
- Comprehensive searches are conducted on all the elements
- A feasibility report is compiled and send to you
- Expected Time Frame - 24 Hours
- Your applications are filed
- The official confirmation and trademark number are forwarded to you
- Expected Time Frame - 24 Hours
- Your pending application(s) will undergo examination and must follow the procedures stipulated by the Trade Marks Act.
- You will receive your registration certificate as soon as this process is finalised.
We keep track of the various procedures required by the Registrar's office and comply with them on your behalf.
Reasons Why You Should Register A Trademark
• A trademark registration helps you to protect your business identity.
• A trademark registration protects you against others using the same or similar trademarks.
• A trademark registration is concrete proof of your legally protected rights.
• A trademark registration removes the need to rely on common law rights (passing off).
• Trademark registration protects against others who trade in the same, but defective goods/services. This may ruin your reputation.
• A registered trademark is an asset, it has value: It may be licensed, it may be franchised, it may be sold.
Good-To-Know Stuff About Trademarks
What are the differences between a basic search and a comprehensive search?
The Basic Search
- Trademark applications based solely on a basic search have a failure rate of up to 80% or more.
- The results are narrow - it does not check for plurals, synonyms, phonetic-, visual- or conceptual similarities.
- Conflicting classes are ignored.
- Only one database is searched.
The Comprehensive Search
- Nearly a 100% of trademark applications are successful if a comprehensive search was done.
- Our search methods comply with international industry standards. We search everything.
- All conflicting classes are searched.
- We search on multiple databases.
A comprehensive search is included in the package deal on each element of your trademark.
What is a trademark?
- A trademark identifies the goods and / or services of the owner of the mark.
- A trade mark may consist of words, numerals, drawings, signs, symbols, colours or combinations thereof.
- Your trademark can be a brand name, a slogan, a logo or a specific shape or a combination thereof, for example:
- Brand name e.g. NIKE
- Slogan e.g. Just Do It
- Logo (or device) e.g. the NIKE swoosh
- Specific shape e.g. the Coca Cola bottle
- Colour e.g. the Edgar's red square
Tips for a good trademark
- Choosing a trademark that uses descriptive words of your business may not be effective enough to distinguish your brand name from another business.
- Do not copy. In the long run this may be expensive if you are asked to withdraw your trademark.
- Simple and short is best.
- Your trademark should be easy to pronounce, read and remember.
- Research the translated meaning, if any, of your proposed trademark. A negative meaning may be disastrous in an advertising campaign.
- Your trademark should be easy to reproduce in printed or other forms of media.
What things can you trademark?
When trying to come up with your new brand name or trademark, you will probably start hitting your head against the proverbial wall.
It’s not that easy to come up with a catchy, original name and just when you think you’ve nailed it, you find out someone else is using it already.
Think about these guidelines when scratching your head!
- An invented or coined word without any meaning (ZAPPA)
- An ordinary word that has no specific association or reference to the product or service for which it is used (WHITE HORSE for whisky)
- A foreign (in South Africa non-English, non-Afrikaans or non-black language) word with a meaning non-relevant to the product or services (J’TAIME)
- The name of the proprietor or founder of a company (DE BEERS)
- The name of a famous person (COLUMBUS)
- A name from mythology (NEPTUNE)
- It may include initials (PS)
- Be an acronym (SABC)
- Can comprise numerals, with or without letters (3G), represented in ordinary letters / numerals or in special letters / numerals
- And finally, a logo or a pictorial mark, with or without any wording.
Don’t rush this decision – your trademark is one of the most important investments in your business.
"I’ve called Sorita Pullin (Trademark24). They provide search and registration services to customers. I’ve decided to use them because they provide the best option for my business. The turnaround time for the initial search was less than 24 hours. I received both a search report and an opinion on the mark’s suitability for registration.
It’s also all done online and with emails with very little admin so far. The way I look at it an initial search and registration with Trademark24 is cheaper than only doing a search through a lawyer – and since they do searches for lawyers I’m very comfortable with their result."